Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Ice Cream Made with Coconut Milk
Homemade Chocolate coconut milk ice cream
Make your own healthy chocolate ice cream!
You don't get ice cream that is more delicious and creamy than this!
This homemade coconut ice cream is surprisingly rich and luscious.
It contains no sugar; therefore, it is the best ice cream option for those busy kids! It is absolutely divine and straightforward to make.
The Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Chocolate coconut ice cream recipe Ingredients
(This recipe serves 4 - 5):
- 250g tub of smooth cottage cheese or mascarpone
- 1 tin of coconut milk or coconut cream (if you use coconut cream, you will need ¾ cup of water too) Or make your own coconut milk.
- 3 - 4 tbsp of Xylitol (you can add as much as you like if you like it sweeter)
- 3 - 4 tbsp of raw cocoa powder. (add more if you prefer it with a bit of a bitter chocolate aftertaste)
(The coconut cream ice cream alternative increases the “good fat” content of this recipe)
How to make the best coconut milk ice cream
- Put all your above ingredients into a mixer and whizz until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream dish and put in the freezer.
on how quickly your freezer freezes, you will need to check on your ice
cream and stir it each time, until it resembles an ice cream texture.
Don't leave it to freeze completely, or you will have rock hard ice
cream. If you have an ice cream maker that freezes and mixes at the same
time, it will make the process much easier.
- This ice cream will make the perfect coconut ice cream bars/lollies if you freeze them in molds.
Why this Chocolate Ice Cream??
So, having your scoop of this chocolate ice cream every day is not just guilt-free, but helps to protect your body from infections and viruses!
- What about the raw cocoa powder? Cocoa is a super-food! Some of the many cocoa benefits:
It has a high concentration of antioxidants! Anti-aging is only one of the many benefits of including more antioxidants into your diet.
Cocoa contains mood elevators, calming properties and has been used as an aphrodisiac and libido enhancer. The combination of this ice cream, a few strawberries, and your favorite person will equal a good time, guaranteed. More benefits of cocoa discussed here.
Other Coconut Recipes
If you like this recipe, you might like to try our:
Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream
Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream
Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream (8 Pints)
Share your own homemade coconut milk ice cream recipes...
Would you like to share something about this?
What's your opinion on this?