Coconut Milk Recipes
Coconut milk is a great dairy alternative and is packed with healthy fats, vitamins, nutrients and trace elements.
Read all about the nutritional facts of coconut milk. Also, read about the many health benefits of coconut milk.
My favorite 4 delicious, healthy coconut milk recipes...
Quick Page Links
When buying coconut milk
It's always best to make your own, but if you were to buy your coconut milk, you should try to buy a brand that is made in tins that are BPA free. BPA is a toxic chemical and found in larger amounts in tins containing fatty (like coconut milk), sugary or acidic foods. Native Forest brand is the only one that I know of that is BPA free. Also avoid coconut milk that contains stabilizers, gums or that have been homogenized.
Coconut milk is so versatile! There are many great recipes with coconut milk, but these are my all time favorite...
Creamy Coconut Milk Soup / Stew
I love my purees, stews, curries and soups. They would not be complete without coconut milk. Coconut milk adds richness and a creaminess compared to nothing else, with a bonus hint of the tropics!
You can use this recipe of mine as inspiration to create your own coconut milk meal ideas ;-)
Creamy Curried Butternut Soup
- 1 large butternut
- 400ml coconut milk (make your own coconut milk)
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- Coconut oil for frying
- Spices: 2 tsp Oregano, 2 tsp Cumin, 1 - 2 tbsp Curry powder (depending on how hot you like it), 1 tsp Coriander, 1 tsp himalayan salt, ½ tsp white pepper
- Optional: 1 cup fried and flaked haddock or minced beef. (This is if you like chewy bits in your soup)
BPA Free Coconut Milk
Native Forest Organic Classic Coconut Milk
- Warm up your oven. 180 °C. (356 °F) Place your butternut in the oven with its skin left on. Baking time depends on your oven, but cook until a knife can easily glide through the butternut. Bake for about 40min.
- Chop up your onion finely and fry with all your spices and optional haddock or minced beef. Put aside.
- Once your butternut is cooked, you can open it up and scoop out all the flesh, puree until smooth.
- Add the fried onion mix, pureed butternut and coconut milk to a large pot. Cook on medium heat for 10 min. Add more water or coconut milk if it's too thick for your liking.
Serve and enjoy hot!
My children love this soup served with ciabatta bread and salted Irish butter.
Top of Page
Coconut Milk Smoothies
I can't go without my morning smoothie, and there is no yummier way to include some good fats into your diet than to add some coconut milk into the mix. Also, coconut milk is a great appetite suppressant, keeping you fuller for longer and preventing unnecessary snacking. The fat in coconut milk is quickly used as energy and not stored as fat, so this gives a nice energy boost before exercise.
You can change up the following ingredients to make different variations to suit your own tastes.
Chocolate, Strawberry Coconut milk Smoothie
The following smoothie is approximately 300 calories.
- 50ml Coconut milk (make your own coconut milk)
- 200ml Almond milk
- 1 large date
- 20g protein powder (I use herbalife meal replacement Formula 1 shake)
- 1tbsp cocoa nibs
- 3 large frozen strawberries
- 5 frozen grapes
Making your own Almond Milk
Soak 20 large almonds for 8 hours.
Place your almonds in a blender with 3 cups of bottled water. Blend well. Strain with a nut cloth. Store in air tight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Put all your ingredients in your blender and blend well. Enjoy ;-)
Top of Page
Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
These ice cream recipes are creamy and rich! They are also very easy to make.
Get our Coconut milk ice cream recipe here. (contains dairy too)
If you prefer a dairy free ice cream, you can try the recipe below...
Churn Free Chocolate Ice cream
850g of coconut cream whipped up as shown on this page.
150g raw cacao powder
400g of pitted, soaked and pureed dates (they have to be sticky and moist)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut milk
A handful of cocoa nibs (optional)
Mix all ingredients together and freeze, it's as easy as that.This ice cream is smooth and needs no churning!
Top of Page
Coconut Milk Yogurt
This fermented yogurt is full of friendly flora, which promotes good
gut health and overall wellness.
It's completely natural and free from
dairy, artificial ingredients and sugar.
Our homemade coconut milk yogurt recipe.
Top of Page
Other Coco-nutty Recipes you Might Enjoy
Share your favorite coconut milk recipes...
Would you like to share something about this?
What's your opinion on this?