Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
Why not try the affordable, healthier way to long, luscious hair!
Coconut oil will not only help your hair grow faster, but thicker too!
Quick Page Links
Coconut Oil for Natural Hair Growth
Is coconut oil good for hair growth?
Coconut oil assists in the health of the hair’s cuticle, the scalp and the hair itself. It can actually heal and repair the hair. SO, why is coconut oil so good at hair growth?
- It protects the hair protein. The Lauric acid found in coconut oil bind to the protein in the hair, protecting it from breaking. Protecting it from damage during combing too. Ref: Coconut oil protects the hair from damage
- Extra nutrients promote hair growth. Coconut oil contains an array of beneficial properties including: Vit E, K and Iron.
- It is completely natural and contains no chemicals that would dry out and stunt hair growth.
- Protection against bacteria and fungi. The fatty acids in coconut oil are both antibacterial and antifungal.
- It keeps the hair’s moisture. Coconut oil penetrates easily and therefore protects against water loss, even in higher than usual temperatures.
- Improved blood circulation promotes hair growth. A coconut scalp massage will improve circulation and will boost delivery of essential nutrients and oxygen to the hair and scalp.
Top of Page
How to use Coconut Oil for Hair Growth & Thicker Hair
- Warm your oil in your hands or place the jar in warm water. Do not use a microwave, as this will just remove any beneficial properties in the oil.
- Its real simple to use. Warm the oil. Massage into the scalp and hair. Massage the scalp for at least 10 minutes to improve blood circulation. Leave on for at least 30min. Wash with organic shampoo and conditioner. Repeat once or twice weekly.
- Adding some Rosemary essential oil to the coconut oil can increase hair growth by an extra 20%. (Ratio: 12 drops Rosemary essential oil to 30ml coconut oil)
Top of Page
Coconut Oil and Hair Growth Tips
- The best coconut oil for hair growth is: unrefined, organic, virgin coconut oil. It is pure, contains no additives and is full of antioxidants.
- If you are dehydrated, your body will suffer and your hair will grow at a slower pace. Most people are dehydrated and they don't even know it. To function optimally, we all need to drink 1 cup of water per 10kg body weight plus 1. So, for example: If you weigh 80kg, you will need to drink 9 glasses of water daily. (Coffee and other beverages don't count)
- Your hair will grow its best when all natural products are used. Try to ditch any chemicals.
- Air dry your hair when possible, instead of using a hair dryer. The heat from the air drying is damaging to the hair. Also avoid using hair straighteners.
- Your diet can affect hair growth too. Eat a balanced diet full of nutrient rich foods.
- Eat coconut oil! Adding 3 - 4 tbsp of coconut oil to your diet will improve overall health and hair growth. Ideas on how to cook with coconut oil here.
Top of Page
Other Benefits to using Coconut Oil in your Hair
- Coconut oil as a conditioner: There is research that proves that coconut oil can easily penetrate the hair and scalp. This will leave your hair looking and feeling healthy, shiny and soft. A few drops of essential oil can be added to the coconut oil for dry, damaged hair. A good combination of essential oils for dry hair would be: Cedarwood, Clary sage, and Lavender. (Ratio: 4 drops Cedarwood, 4 drops Clary sage, 4 drops Lavender to 30ml coconut oil)
- Coconut oil as a detangler: Be sure not to use too much, or your hair might seem greasy. A little coconut oil goes a long way. Put some coconut oil in the palm of your hand and warm it up until it's liquid. Begin at the dry points and work your way to the roots. Styling and brushing your hair should be much easier after this and your hair will be continually nourished during the day.
- Getting rid of lice: Adding a few drops of ylang ylang oil and anise oil to the coconut oil makes an effective lice treatment. (6 drops ylang ylang, 6 drops anise oil to 30ml of coconut oil). Apply to the hair and scalp, make sure you cover all the hair. Comb through all hair from root to shaft with a lice comb. Cover the hair with a towel and leave on for 2 hours. Wash once or twice with organic shampoo and conditioner. Rinse the hair with a coconut vinegar / ACV (apple cider vinegar) solution. 2 parts water, one part coconut vinegar, one part ACV. Apply a little bit of coconut oil as a leave in conditioner. Repeat this process every 5 days for three weeks. Read more about getting rid of parasites with coconut oil.
- Coconut oil dye for hair: Have you ever wondered how many chemicals are added to your over the counter dyes? Did you know that they can cause you to go grey before your time? You can dye your hair naturally with herbs! Mixing your herbs with coconut oil is a great way to color and condition at the same time. Read more about ways to color your hair naturally.
- Coconut oil for dandruff: Coconut oil is great at healing the skin, because it contains copious amounts of antioxidants. Adding a few drops of lavender and/or tea tree essential oil to the coconut oil will enhance its dandruff fighting ability. (Ratio: 6 drops lavender, 6 drops tea tree to 30ml coconut oil) Use enough oil to cover your scalp. (about 3tbsp should be enough) Warm the oil in your hands and massage directly onto the scalp. Cover your hair with a towel and sit in the sun for 20 minutes. Wash your hair with an organic shampoo and conditioner. This can be repeated every second day until the dandruff disappears.
- Coconut oil protects from the sun: Spending a lot of time in the sun can dry out and even damage the hair. Coconut oil has been used for centuries as a natural sunscreen. If you know you are going to be spending a lot of time in the sun, protect your hair too!
Top of Page
Coconut oil can be used for overall good health!
Read more about the health benefits of coconut oil here.
Organic coconut oil for hair growth
Pure Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for Hair, Skin, Body, Scalp and Hair Growth
Top of Page
Other pages in the cocopalmtree in connection with this page
Share your own coconut oil hair growth results...
Would you like to share something about this?
What's your opinion on this?