Is Coconut Oil Good for you?
Let's have a look at the different ways in which you can use coconut oil, what it's good for, and why?
Coconut oil can be used safely and effectively all over your skin. Yes! For both men and women – coconut oil makes for a safer skincare regime and can be used safely as a moisturizer, scrub, shaving cream, facial spritzer, day and night cream (with added essential oils), lip balm, eye cream, facial mask and so much more.
Why is coconut oil good for your skin?
- Due to the saturated fats that help the skin stay moisturized. The fatty acids in coconut oil give the skin a healthy, polished and even tone. Our DIY coconut oil moisturizer recipes.
- Coconut oil contains anti-bacterial, anti-viral as well as anti-fungal properties, serving to protect against as well as heal infections. It works perfectly on acne prone skin.
- Coconut oil will help defend your skin from razor burns, ingrown hairs and other issues experienced when shaving. Coconut oil can be used safely and effectively, even in the most sensitive areas of your skin without any side effects; this includes the use of coconut oil for babies and infants.
- Smooth over your baby or child's affected areas to treat diaper rash, itches, redness, and swelling. The coconut oil forms a protective barrier to help prevent burning and promotes rapid healing, naturally.
- Coconut oil can assist your skin in recovering from wrinkles, fine lines and injury caused by the harmful rays of the sun when consistently used, over an extended period.
- Should you suffer from other forms of minor scrapes, cuts or burns – applying coconut oil can also help your body fight off infection in these areas while helping with recovery and healing.
- A few recipes and related articles:
- Coconut oil scrub recipes
- Coconut oil for stretch marks
- Coconut oil for acne scars
- Coconut oil make-up remover
- Coconut oil for parasites
- Coconut oil as a sexual lubricant
Is Coconut Oil Good for your Hair?
If you are struggling with dandruff or excessively dry hair, coconut oil has been shown to help improve these conditions.
You can make homemade coconut shampoo or use plain coconut oil as a conditioner.
To treat dandruff and thicken hair, rub it onto the hair and scalp with the addition of an essential oil like lavender or peppermint. Shampoo and rinse off after 30 minutes.
Coconut oil hair recipes
- Coconut oil hair mask recipes
- Coconut oil for hair growth
- Essential oils for hair (external link - remedies-for-skin.com)
Research has tested the significant benefits that coconut oil provides for our bodies. In so many ways, coconut oil can help us fight against diseases, infections, and inflammation naturally.
Why is coconut oil good for you?
- Coconut oil contains anti-microbial properties that can kill yeast.
- Coconut oil has been proven to aid in weight loss and help your body burn fat for energy.
- The healthy fats support the natural balance of hormones, done by the thyroid.
- Help to restrain inflammation, while encouraging a healthy metabolism.
- Coconut oil is easy to digest and contains compounds that destroy harmful bacteria.
- The healthy fats in coconut oil have been proven to support heart health.
- Coconut oil can treat urinary tract infections. (UTI) and kidney infections
- Take coconut oil in conjunction with omega-3 fatty acids, and it can make them twice as powerful.
- Prevent and treat constipation with coconut oil.
The Gums and Teeth
There has been evidence that suggests that Coconut oil aids in the defense against periodontal disease. It cleanses the mouth of harmful bacteria and helps get rid of infections of the mouth; this is easily achieved with oil pulling.
Make your own coconut oil toothpaste.
Coconut Oil for Anti-aging
According to the medical journal "Food and Function," coconut oil enhances antioxidant levels and can slow the aging process.
How does it do this?
It minimizes tension on the liver and reduces oxidation. To naturally delay aging, take one tablespoon of coconut oil with an assortment of berries for breakfast on flapjacks, muffins or in your granola.
How to Introduce Coconut Oil into your Diet
Coconut oil for General Home use:
- Use it as a lubricant on small electronics, squeaking doors, nuts, bolts, etc.
- Using coconut oil on cast iron pots and pans work well to prolong the coating, avoiding drying out and rust from forming.
- Many people use the oil instead of furniture polish in minimizing dust particles on furniture (esp. wood) and with its antiviral and anti-fungal properties, it also helps to keep your home free from germs.
- Help Unzip a Caught Zipper by rubbing with coconut oil.
- Remove Gum from Hair or Furniture.
- Shoe Shiner – using coconut oil on your shoes can help eliminate dry, cracked areas, as well as restore a natural shine.
- Is coconut oil good for dogs?
These are just some ways in which coconut oil can be beneficial for you. Our health and well-being are significantly reliant on our willingness to try healthier, safer alternatives – and what better way, than with coconut oil!
Other pages in the cocopalmtree you might like to read
(Please note that this article is for information purposes only, and should only be used as such. It does not replace the need for expert, professional help in times where medical care and supervision may be required.)
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
Harvard Medical School journals
2004 study published in the Journal of Neurobiology of Aging
The Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health
The Obesity Research Journal (a study from Boston University Medical School)
Coconut products are the perfect addition to a successful ketogenic diet.
Would you like to share something about this?
What's your opinion on this?